Written by Billie Adams and Jessica Bako
A flawless makeup starts with a good skin regime, however a key step to creating a perfect complexion is to use a primer. A primer will prep your skin and create the perfect base for your foundation. This product will ensure that your foundation goes on smoother and also will helps your foundation lasts all day.
Before applying the primer make sure that your moisturiser has completely sunk into your skin. Start by applying a small amount of primer using your fingertips starting in the centre of your face and work outwards – remember that a small amount goes a long way. Allow the primer to set for a few minutes before you apply your favourite foundation.
Choosing a primer based on your skin type, will help you achieve your flawless coverage. Here is a list to assist when picking the best primer to suit your skin type:
- Normal Skin- If you have a normal skin type, you will want to pick a primer which will help to prolong your makeup and maybe have some SPF protection for during the day.
- Oily Skin- If you have an oily skin type, you would probably want a mattifying or pore minimising primer which will help prevent the skin from becoming shiny during the day and minimise the pores.
- Dry Skin- If you have a dry skin type, you would want a primer which will help to moisturise the skin and give a dewy finish. Having a light weight primer would also help to benefit the skin.
- Mature Skin- If you have a mature skin type, the skin will highly benefit from a primer as it will help to fill in any fine lines. A moisturising primer which is light weight and provides the skin with SPF protection is essential for mature skin types.
- Sensitive Skin- If you have sensitive skin, a primer is essential as it will help to protect the skin from the harsh environmental effects. You will want a primer which has no fragrance.