Written By Chloe Anderson
Our skin is the largest organ in our body and has several functions continuously working on a day-to-day basis, without us even knowing. Our skin health is not only for our appearance, but more importantly performing some of these key elements:
- Regulating our body temperature.
- Protecting the body from bacteria, virus and infections that you are exposed to daily.
- Containing 1000's of nerve endings that sense heat, cold, pain, pressure and touch.
- Protecting you from the Sun’s rays (specifically UV) that can damage cells.
- Producing Vitamin D when exposed to the sun, which is vital for many body functions.
So looking after your skin on the inside is just as important to looking after your skin on the outside.