Written By Billie Adams
Your cuticles are the guardians of your nails, they help protect you from infection and if it’s cut open then you’re instantly open to bacteria!
Having your cuticles trimmed is a risky business to do yourself and this is why you should let professionals do this with cuticle nippers however, for those who want to clean up their cuticles at home we have a few tips for you to get that salon feeling:
- First things first, you want to soak your hands in warm soapy water for 5-10 minutes, this will help soften your cuticles
- Dry your hands and apply a small amount of cuticle remover to the cuticle and the side of the nails. Let this sit for 5 minutes
- You will then want to gently push your cuticles back using an orange stick, do this a little at a time and not too push too hard! If the cuticles are still hard you can soak your hands for a few additional minutes
- Once you have pushed back your cuticles, you can use a cuticle knife to carefully remove any excess skin that the remover has freed
- Rinse your hands well in warm water with nourishing hand wash, your cuticles will now be clean and neat!